In July, the Eskenzi Cyber Book and Film Club take a look at Jessica Barker’s book ‘Confident Cyber Security: How to Get Started in Cyber Security and Futureproof Your Career,’ an easy-to-read, jargon-busting guide on the world of cybersecurity.
Javvad Malik – Security Awareness Advocate at KnowBe4, hosts the roundtable and is joined by Jessica Barker, Stephen Khan – Head of Tech and Cyber Security Risk at HSBC and Chair of ClubCISO, and Ben Koppelman – Research & Innovation Lead at CyberSmart.
Among other topics, the panel discusses:
- Considerations and potential barriers to entering the cybersecurity industry
- Routes into the industry and advice for new entrants
- Ethical considerations that emerge from ransomware payments, hacking, and ill-judged phishing exercises.
- Fundamentals of building a strong security culture, including tackling the culture of shame and blame.
- How legislation can keep up with the industry’s fast pace.
Watch the webinar HERE
Buy Jessica’s book on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HJ8MXS2/