This will be the third year we’ve suffered the ridiculous 120 degree heat in Vegas to visit Black Hat. However, it’s not too much of a sacrifice as it’s such a cool show – how could we possibly not be there? It gives us a great chance to meet up with all of our clients and to find out what’s really happening in the IT security industry.
If you’ve got a stand there here are some suggestions how to make it work for you:
- Stand-out from the crowd by having huge lettering on your stand that tells the visitor exactly what you do. Why does no one ever do that?
- Have some fun give-aways that will have a long shelf life that people will remember you by. Only give them away once you’ve gauged whether the person will make a great customer!
- Don’t swipe people for the sake of it – have a conversation and only take their details if they are going to be a solid lead.
- Don’t get so pissed the night before that you can’t function the two days that you need to!
- Use it as an opportunity to network and speak to your competitors, partners and as many potential customers as possible.
- Do attend as many parties as you can – networking is what it’s all about – and don’t get too pissed!!! I know it’s tempting but in the heat and standing up for 10 hours it isn’t a great feeling!
- Make sure that everyone on your stand is alert, smart and active – everyone that walks past is a potential lead.
- This isn’t a show made up of students wasting your time – they may look it but they aren’t – milk every lead.
- Hand out literature, give-aways and a smile at every opportunity.
- Most of all enjoy and come home with lots of prospects.
We’ll be there so if you see us say hi!